Child Custody FAQ

FAQs: How to win child custody: Child Custody Procedure

How can I initiate child custody proceedings?

To commence child custody proceedings, please contact us at +91-8920599818 or visit our Contact Us page. We will provide comprehensive guidance throughout the process.

What are the different types of child custody arrangements?

Child custody arrangements can include joint physical custody, sole physical custody, joint legal custody, or sole legal custody. We can explain each option and help you choose the most suitable arrangement for your family.

Can grandparents or other relatives seek custody?

Yes, under specific circumstances, grandparents or relatives may seek custody. We can evaluate your unique situation to determine if this is a viable option.

Can child custody orders be modified?

Yes, child custody orders can be modified if there is a significant change in circumstances. We can assist you in modifying custody arrangements when necessary.

What factors are considered when determining the child’s best interests?

Factors include the child’s age, physical and emotional well-being, relationship with each parent, stability of living arrangements, and more. We will help you understand how these factors apply to your case.

Can I relocate with my child after divorce or separation?

Relocation with a child may require court approval, especially if it affects the existing custody arrangement. We can provide guidance on addressing relocation issues.

Can my child’s preference for custody be considered?

Depending on the child’s age and maturity, their preference may be considered, but it’s not the sole determining factor. We can explain how this factor may apply in your case.

What rights do non-custodial parents have?

Non-custodial parents typically have visitation rights and the right to participate in major decisions affecting the child’s life. We can help you understand and protect your rights as a non-custodial parent.

How can I ensure my child’s safety during visitation with the other parent?

If you have concerns about your child’s safety during visitation, we can help you explore legal options, such as supervised visitation or modifying the custody arrangement.

What if my ex-spouse violates the custody order?

If your ex-spouse violates the custody order, legal action can be taken to enforce the order. Contact us to discuss your situation and take appropriate steps.

Can I request a temporary custody order during divorce proceedings?

Yes, we can help you request a temporary custody order to ensure your child’s well-being during the divorce process.

How is child support calculated?

Child support is typically calculated based on factors like each parent’s income, the child’s needs, and the custody arrangement. We can help you understand the child support calculation in your case.

What if my ex-spouse refuses to pay child support?

If your ex-spouse refuses to pay child support, legal remedies are available to enforce the order. We can guide you through the process.

Can same-sex couples secure child custody rights?

Yes, same-sex couples have equal rights when it comes to child custody. We can assist same-sex couples in securing their child custody rights.

Can a parent with a criminal record obtain custody?

Having a criminal record may affect custody decisions, but it depends on the nature of the offense and other factors. We can evaluate your specific situation.

How can I document my child’s experiences during visitation with the other parent?

Keeping a journal or records of your child’s experiences during visitation can be helpful if you have concerns. We can provide guidance on documenting such issues.

What is the role of a child custody evaluator?

Child custody evaluators assess various factors to make custody recommendations to the court. We can explain the process and how it may impact your case.

Can I represent myself in child custody proceedings?

While it’s possible to represent yourself, having an experienced child custody advocate can significantly improve your chances of a favorable outcome. We can provide the expertise you need.

What steps can I take to improve my chances of winning custody?

Building a strong case for child custody involves demonstrating your ability to provide a stable and nurturing environment for your child. We can help you develop a strategic approach.

What should I do next to discuss my child custody case with your firm?

To discuss your child custody case and receive personalized guidance, please contact us at +91-8920599818 or visit our Contact Us page to schedule a consultation. During this consultation, we will assess your case and guide you through the necessary next steps.

We are here to help you with your legal matters in Delhi and the NCR region. Our team will represent your case in various courts, including Saket court, Dwarka court, Rohini court, Tis Hazari court, Karkardooma court, Patiala House court and Delhi High Court. We also cover the District Court in Sonepat. Please feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions or concerns. We are here to assist you with your child custody matter.